LinkedIn Helps NAMIC Philadelphia Members Control… Enhance…and Build Their Personal Brand
Just a quick read could really help you enhance your profile. Read more on how to enhance your profile straight from the experts!
New and familiar faces, laughter, and anticipation filled the room for the first event of the year for NAMIC Philadelphia. For this sold out event, attendees from all over the Philadelphia area came together from different points of their career, all to hear what NAMIC Philadelphia was about this year and all hungry to learn more about the professional social media giant…LinkedIn.
Roberto Perez was one of many attendees for the NAMIC LinkedIn event who had great expectations for the evening’s event. “LinkedIn is taking a lot of momentum right now, and I think we need to learn as much as possible to use it. This tool provides a good snap shot of who the contacts could be for our next move.”
Yasmine Ndassa, NAMIC Philadelphia Chapter President kicked off the event announcing this year’s theme—People. Knowledge. Power. Then she introduced Comcast’s EVP, of Human Resources, William Strahan who shared his experiences and passion for the importance of making sure you are using LinkedIn to your advantage.
Ben Ortman, Strategic Account Executive and John Hassett, Senior Sales Manager of LinkedIn provided their highlights and suggestions to what is important to include in your profile. Below are four ways you can spruce up your profile—right now:
- You have to have a profile picture. LinkedIn members are 40% more likely to accept requests to connect with members that have photos, and profiles that have a photo receive seven times more activity. Make sure you have a professional photo—match your message to the people you’re connecting with.
- Update your headline. Be creative and think about how you want to introduce yourself to your network.
- Write an engaging summary. Show your passion for what you do and give your audience a reason to want to learn more about you. Try only connecting with people who will help you professionally build a strong network.
- Add rich content and give your viewers something to do. Adding videos, article links, and photos can increase your profile engagement.
In addition, they suggested adding a special note to those you want to connect with. You have the opportunity to introduce yourself and leave a lasting impression with the person you are trying to connect with. As one attendee states, “customizing your message adds real value when are making connections.”
After we heard from LinkedIN, we heard from John Leech, Senior Director of Marketing Recruitment and Kirsten Dudley, Talent Community Manager from our Recruitment Marketing team and they explained why it’s important to “Be an Ambassador of Talent.” They gave tips on how to:
- Get engaged with LinkedIn with your personal profile
- Have a presence representing Comcast and how to support Comcast through LinkedIn
- Support, familiarize, and encourage others to join and follow the Comcast LinkedIn page
- How to get involved with groups such as Comcast’s group
You can view both presentations from the event for more tips here.
In short, this event was a great opportunity for everyone to know what’s in store for NAMIC Philadelphia this year, and everyone really left feeling empowered to enhance and build their personal brand both through LinkedIn, and also through the NAMIC Philadelphia Chapter. Check out the pictures from the event and be sure to check out our next event on March 12 to learn more about the Future of TV!